Special events such as galas, luncheons, auctions, receptions, donor recognition functions and speaker forums are important elements in a nonprofit organization's fundraising mix. In addition to raising funds, special events provide opportunities to introduce your organization to new donors, recognize supporters, and communicate directly with individuals about the impact of your programs and services.
Sterling Associates works with our clients to plan and execute highly successful, memorable special events with a strong emphasis on the bottom line. Working independently or as a team with your staff and volunteers, we can support all of the activities that must be undertaken to ensure a successful event, including:
- Choosing the best date, time and venue
- Creating and monitoring the event budget
- Designing a theme
- Creating the invitation, printed program and other materials
- Developing the event program, timeline, speaker scripts, etc.
- Recruiting strong volunteer leadership for honorary chairs, chairs, committee
- Developing underwriter and invitation lists and helping secure in-kind support
- Writing press releases
- Organizing the guest list
- Preparing a plan for staffing with volunteers
- Managing the day of the event
- Reporting and analyzing results
- Managing post-event communications and follow-up